Last Updated: 4/11/2022
Table of Contents
Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
- Account means a unique account created for You to access any of our services or to purchase products from us.
- Affiliate means an entity that controls, is controlled by or is under common control with a party, where “control” means ownership of 50% or more of the shares, equity interest or other securities entitled to vote for election of directors or other managing authority. The list of Great Day Improvements Affiliates are listed in the below
- Device means any device that can access a Website such as a computer, a cellphone, or a digital tablet.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Website refers to any website owned by Great Day Improvements or its Affiliates.
- You means the individual accessing or using the Website, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Website, as applicable.
Collecting Your Personal Data
As You interact with Great Day Improvements, there may be opportunities for You to provide Us with Your Personal Data. Additionally, We may collect certain information about You as further described below.
You may provide Us with Personal Data through a number of sources: Great Day Improvements Websites, product/service related events, surveys, social media platforms, and through our customer contact centers.
The categories of information that Great Day Improvements may collect about You are listed in the table below:
|Identifiers||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers.||Yes|
|Specific Personal Data Categories||A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, or telephone number. Some Personal Data included in this category may overlap with other categories.||Yes|
|Camera and Photo Information||Images and other information from your Device’s camera and photos.||No|
|Protected Classification Characteristics||Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).||No|
|Commercial information||Records and history of products or services purchased or considered.||Yes|
|Biometric information||Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.||No|
|Internet or other similar network activity||Interaction with our services or advertisement.||Yes|
|Geolocation data||Approximate physical location.||Yes|
|Sensory data||Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.||No|
|Professional or employment-related information||Current or past job history or performance evaluations.||No|
|Non-public education information||Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.||No|
|Inferences drawn from other Personal Data||Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.||Yes|
We obtain the categories of Personal Data listed above (1) directly from You as described herein; (2) indirectly from You, for example, through information We collect in the course of providing services and products; (3) directly and indirectly from activity on this Website; and (4) from third parties that interact with Us in connection with the services and products We provide.
Personal Data You Provide
When purchase Our products or services, We may ask You to provide Us with certain Personal Data that can be used to contact or identify personally or to provide you services and/or products, including, but not limited to:
- Email address
- First and Last Name
- Phone Number
- Usage Data
- Location Information
- Camera and Photos
We may combine the Personal Data You submit directly with other Personal Data We have collected from You, whether on- or offline. We may also combine it with information We receive about You from other sources, such as other companies, publicly available information sources (including information from Your publicly available social media profiles), and other third parties.
Passive Information Collection and Use
As You navigate around the Website, certain information can be passively collected (that is, gathered without You actively providing the information), using various technologies. We passively collect and use information in a variety of ways, including:
- Usage Data: Usage data is collected automatically when visiting the Website. Usage Data may include information such as Your Device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Website that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
- Through Your Browser and Device: When You access the Website by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data. We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit our Website. You can enable or disable access to this information at any time through Your Device settings.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but You can usually modify Your browser settings to decline cookies if You prefer. If You would prefer not to accept cookies, most browsers will allow You to: (i) change Your browser settings to notify You when You receive a cookie, which lets You choose whether or not to accept it; (ii) to disable existing cookies; or (iii) to set Your browser to automatically reject any cookies. If You set Your browser to reject cookies, part of the Website may not work for You.
Cookies can be “Persistent” or “Session” Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on Your personal computer or mobile device when You go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as You close Your Web browser.
- Pixel tags, Web beacons, clear GIFs, or other similar technologies: These may be used in connection with some Website pages to, among other things, track the actions of Service users and compile statistics about Website usage and response rates.
We permit third-party advertising partners to use the foregoing tracking technologies to collect information about Your browsing activities over time and across different websites when You use the Website. For example, We use advertising services providing by third-party ad partners, such as Google, to market our service to You on other websites and online services. Through a process called “retargeting,” each service places a cookie on Your browser when You visit the Website so that they can identify You and serve You ads on other sites around the Web based on Your browsing activity. Our vendors may also connect the information that they collect from our Website using “cookies” to other sources of information, which may include your name and mailing address, for the purpose of sending you direct mail promotions and other targeted advertising. By using our Website, you consent to these activities, including information collection by our vendors. To avoid use of this information for advertising by these third-party ad partners, You can change Your browser settings to reject cookies or to notify You when cookies are set and You could select the Do Not Track option on Your browser, though We have no control over and cannot confirm whether these third-party ad partners honor the Do Not Track browser signal. Additionally, many advertising companies are members of the NAI or DAA and/or provide opt-outs on those industry pages at networkadvertising.org/choices or aboutads.info/choices.
We may implement applications or “widgets” from third party providers (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, etc.) that allow interaction, integration or content sharing with third party services. These widgets or applications may be visible on a page you visit on our Website or may require log-in through the third party provider’s service. The third party providing the widget or integration may offer controls for you to manage your interactions. Any interaction with a third party widget or application typically allows the third party to collect some information about you (whether through cookies, registration information or otherwise). These third parties may even track you when you do not interact with the widget. If you have engaged any of these third party service providers, their respective privacy policies will govern their tracking and collection of information. You should review these third party policies to understand these practices.
Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Data
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- Administering Our Website and business
- To customize/personal this Website based on user interests
- Enabling Your use of the services available on our Website
- To Send You goods and/or programs You purchase from Us
- To supply and/or fulfill services purchased through out Website
- To send statements, invoices, and payment reminders to You and to collect payments from you.
- To send You non-marketing commercial communications
- To send You SMS notifications regarding appointment reminders and key project updates that you have specifically requested.
- To send You email notifications that You have specifically requested
- To send You Our newsletter if requested
- To send You marketing communications regarding Our services and products.
- To provide third parties with statistical information about Our users
- To deal handle inquiries and complaints
- To keep the Website secure and to prevent fraud
- To verify compliance with any terms and conditions governing the Website
- To send You useful information about products and services You have purchased from Us
- To enhance this Website’s operations
- For statistical purposes
- To improve our products, programs, and/or services
- To maintain the integrity of information and services provided on this Website
- When We otherwise have Your consent.
We may share Your Personal Data for the following business purposes and to the following categories of third parties:
- With Service Providers and Vendors: We may share Your Personal Data with our third-party vendors performing functions on our behalf (or on behalf of our affiliated companies) – e.g., vendors that operate our Website, process credit card orders, administer our promotions, provide us marketing or promotional assistance, analyze our data, assist us with customer service, etc. Our vendors agree to use this information, and we share information with them, only to carry out our requests.
- For business transfers: We may share or transfer Your Personal Data in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of Our business to another company.
- With other users: when You share Person Data or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside.
- With Your consent: We may disclose Your Personal Data for any other purpose with Your consent.
In addition, We use and disclose Personal Data collected through the Website as We believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) as permitted by applicable law, including laws outside Your country of residence; (b) to comply with any legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside Your country of residence; (d) to enforce our EULA (if applicable); (e) to protect Our operations or those of any of Our Affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our Affiliates, You, or others; and (g) to allow Us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that We may sustain. We may also use and disclose Personal Data collected through the Website in other ways, with Your prior consent.
In addition, We may use and disclose information that is not in personally identifiable form (such as anonymized, masked, or de-identified information) for any purpose. If We combine information that is not in personally identifiable form with information that is (such as combining Your name with Your geographical location), We will treat the combined information as Personal Data as long as it is combined.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, We have not sold any Personal Data.
- Personal identification information such as real name, postal address, online identifier, IP address, email address, and account number.
- Internet or other electronic network activity, including but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding Your interaction with the Website.
- Payment information such as credit card number, debit card number, bank account number, or other financial information.
- Geolocation information.
Great Day Improvements and our Affiliates may send you regular promotional communications about our products, services, events and promotions. Such promotional materials may use the “Great Day Improvements” brand or the brand of a Great Day Improvements Affiliate and may be sent to you via different channels, such as: email, phone, SMS text messages, postal mailings, and third party social networks.
In order to provide you with the best personalized experience, sometimes these communications may be tailored to your preferences (for example, as you indicate these to us, as we may have inferred from your Website visits, or based on the links you click in our emails). When required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent before starting these activities. In addition, you may withdraw your consent (opt-out) at any time.
In particular, you can opt-out from receiving marketing-related emails by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in each email. You can also contact us using the contact details provided below to opt-out from receiving marketing-related communications.
Please note that even if you opt-out from receiving marketing communications, you might still receive administrative communications from us, such as technical updates of our products, order confirmations, notifications about your account activities, and other important notices.
General Principles for the Processing of Personal Data
Personal Data will be collected, stored, processed, and transmitted in accordance with Great Day Improvements’ established policies and applicable federal, state, local and foreign laws, rules, and regulations.
The principles of Great Day Improvements with respect to the processing of Personal Data are as follows: (1) Personal Data will be processed fairly and lawfully, (2) Personal Data will be collected for specified, explicit, and legitimate purposes and not further processed for incompatible purposes, (3) Personal Data collected by Great Day Improvements will be adequate, relevant, and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are collected and processed, (4) Personal Data collected by Great Day Improvements will be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date to the best of our ability, (5) Personal Data collected by Great Day Improvements will be retained as identifiable data for no longer than necessary to serve the purposes for which the Personal Data was collected, and (6) Personal Data will be processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the Personal Data, including protection against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organizational measures.
Third Party Sites and Services
Choices and Access
We give You choices regarding our use and disclosure of Your Personal Data. Great Day Improvements provides You with the opportunity to receive information by email, regular mail, or telephone calls from Great Day Improvements, or third parties which may be of interest to You, including information relating to new products and services offered on the Website by Great Day Improvements, or other third parties. If You do not want to receive any information by email, regular mail, or telephone calls, You may opt-out of further communications provided by Great Day Improvements at any time by: (i) sending Great Day Improvements an email at email@example.com; or (ii) writing to Great Day Improvements at Great Day Improvements, LLC, 700 East Highland Rd., Macedonia, OH 44056. Please note that Great Day Improvements can only comply with requests relating to email, regular mail or telephone communications provided by Great Day Improvements. If You no longer wish to receive further information by email, regular mail, or telephone from any third party, You will need to contact such third party directly to opt-out of further communications being provided to You. We will seek to comply with Your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable.
If applicable, and You would like to review, correct, update, or delete the Personal Data that You have provided via this Website, please contact Us. We will try to comply with Your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Your Rights of Your Personal Data
By law, you have certain rights regarding Your Personal Data. Those rights include:
The right to notice. You have the right to be notified which categories of Personal Data are being collected and the purposes for which the Personal Data is being used.
The right to request. You have the right to request that We disclose information to You about Our collection, use, sale, disclosure for business purposes and share of Personal Data. Once We receive and confirm Your request, We will disclose to You:
- The categories of Personal Data We collected about You
- The categories of sources for the Personal Data We collected about You
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that Personal Data
- The categories of third parties with whom We share that Personal Data
- The specific pieces of Personal Data We collected about You
- If We sold Your Personal Data or disclosed Your Personal Data for a business purpose, We will disclose to You:
- The categories of Personal Data categories sold
- The categories of Personal Data categories disclosed
The right to say no to the sale of Personal Data (opt-out). You have the right to direct Us to not sell Your Personal Data. To submit an opt-out request please contact Us.
The right to delete Personal Data. You have the right to request the deletion of Your Personal Data, subject to certain exceptions. Once We receive and confirm Your request, We will delete (and direct Our Service Providers to delete) Your Personal Data from our records, unless an exception applies.
The right to rectification of Personal Data. You have the right to request the correction of Your Personal Data.
The right against automatic decisions making. You have the right to object to decisions being taken by automated means under certain circumstances.
The right not to be discriminated against. You have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of Your consumer’s rights.
Our data retention policies and procedure are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations. We will retain documents, including electronic documents, containing personal data: (1) to the extent that we are required to do so by law; (2) if we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and/or (3) to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights, including, but not limited to, providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk.
Great Day Improvements is committed to ensuring that your Personal Information is secure. To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure of your Personal Information, we use suitable, industry-standard physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the Personal Information that we collect via the Website.
We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of any of your personal information you have provided. We will store all personal information you provide on our secure, password- and firewall-protected, servers. Any and all electronic financial transactions entered into our website will be protected by encryption technology.
Do Not Track Policy
Our Websites do not respond to Do Not Track signals.
However, some third-party websites do keep track of Your browsing activities. If You are visiting such websites, You can set Your preferences in Your Web browser to inform websites that You do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable Do Not Track Requests by visiting the preferences or settings page of Your Web browser.
Our Website does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers.
If We need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing Your information and Your country requires consent from a parent, We may require Your parent’s consent before We collect and use that information.
Compliance with Local Laws
Great Day Improvements Affiliates are:
- Universal Windows Direct, LLC
- Champion Opco, LLC
- Apex Energy Solutions
- The Bath Authority, LLC
Your Right to Complain
If You have a complaint as to our use of Your information, You may file a complaint with us, the California Attorney General, the applicable Supervisory Authority, any other governmental agency, and/or a judicial body.
A complaint may be submitted directly to Great Day Improvements through the contact methods presented below.
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By phone: 888-468-0700
- By mail: Universal Windows Direct, LLC, 24801 Rockside Rd., Bedford Heights, OH 44146