Sliding windows are ideal for homeowners who appreciate an unobstructed view of the outdoors. They create a wide viewing area in any room while maintaining the convenience of operable sashes for ventilation.
Universal Windows Direct Sliding Windows Features:
- Brass Roller – Ensure smooth and silent operation
- Super Spacer® - A hi-tech glass spacer system that is rated to be one of the best options currently on the market for energy conservation with windows
- Tilt Latches – Release the window sashes, allowing them to tilt in for easy cleaning and giving the window smoother operation and better overall structural performance
- Sash Limit Locks – Fold out of window to allow only partial opening for security
- Groove – Cut in the bottom sash for the vinyl “fin” to fit into, creating a tight, secure fit
- Cam-Style Locks – Cutting-edge locking system that not only ensured that the sashes pull together for a superior weather-proof seal, but also secures your home from intruders
- Higher Sill Dam – ¼” dam improves structural stability, while the beveled edge creates and attractive, clean finish
- Extruded Slide Rail – Lift rail that is part of the sash, ensuring that it will never pop out during opening
- Foam-filled Main Frame – Foam filling inside the structure of the window, adding structural stability and insulation
Our sliding windows are available in two or three-lite configurations, with the same color, grid and glass options as all of our UniShield® windows. All of our windows are custom made and professionally installed, guaranteeing a perfect fit every time.