Are you a Cleveland homeowner who is trying to save money on their utility bills?
Energy efficient replacement windows are one of the best ways to lower your monthly utility expenses.
While replacement windows are famous for saving energy in the home, many homeowners are unaware that not all windows will help save energy.
This is especially the case if you were considering bottom dollar replacement windows, which won't live up to the energy-saving hype.
Here is how you can tell if you're investing in energy-saving windows in Cleveland, Ohio:
- One of the first things to look for on windows that are energy efficient is the Energy Star seal of approval.
Energy Star is a government-backed program that measures the efficiency of interior and exterior home products—including replacement windows.
The most energy efficient windows will include an Energy Star logo, which indicates that your particular choice can help lower your utility bills.
- Energy efficient windows should include gases that are inserted between the panes.
Otherwise known as argon or krypton gas, these gases are designed to maximize the thermal efficiency of your replacement windows.
This ultimately helps keep your home at a consistent indoor temperature throughout the seasons.
- The next characteristic to look for with energy efficient windows is low-e glazing.
The best windows in Cleveland will include one-to-two coats of low-e glazing, which helps control the amount of solar heat gain that’s filtered through the window.
- One of the last characteristics of energy efficient replacement windows is the number of glass panes.
Dual pane windows are an energy efficient option for homeowners, although triple pane takes efficiency to a new level with an extra pane of glass.
- UniShield® windows from Universal Windows Direct of Cleveland are the epitome of energy efficient windows.
These windows are engineered with today’s top energy-saving technology, which brings homeowners the best value for performance, aesthetics, and cost savings.
UniShield® windows are exclusive to Universal Windows Direct, and they’re the top choice for homeowners in Cleveland.
Contact us today to learn more about UniShield® by calling for a free quote.